Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Episode 5: World Without Logos


This week some shows got pushed back due to the Olympics. But making up for that were some OVA's and some new shows. A lot of disagreement between the three hosts arise as we discuss Arcana Famiglia, Ebiten and Futari no Elder. We also talk about Kokoro Connect's surprising new episode and debate on how the episode ended.

Then we talk about Excel Saga during our retro segment, all naming our favourite episodes of the 1999/2000 show and end by answering all your questions you sent in this week. Don't forget to click the link below to pass beyond the jump and read the full schedule for the episode!


-Discussion Segment:
        Coming Anime - Announcements from Week 32

-Weekly Watch:
        Computer Kakumei (OVA) (NEW SHOW!)
        Maji de Otakuna English! Ribbon-chan (OVA) (NEW SHOW!)
        Kyou no Asuka Show (Series) (NEW SHOW!)
        Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru: Futari no Elder (OVA) (NEW SHOW!)
        Sword Art Online (Series)
        Kokoro Connect (Series)
        La Storia Della Arcana Famiglia (Series)
        Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita (Series)
        Oda Nobuna no Yabou (Series)
        Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse (Series)
        Tari Tari (Series)
        Ebiten: Koritsu Ebisugawa Koukou Tenmon-bu (Series) (NEW SHOW!)

-Retro Segment:
        Excel Saga

-Questions

-Music Segment:
        World Without Logos by Yasushi Ishii (From Hellsing)

3 comments:

  1. Nobody should like the 3rd season of Nanoha... (I did like the 1st 2 though. 2nd in particular) If any of you do I'll lose respect for you guys, I'm sorry.

    I've never legitimately seen Excel Saga (I've only heard random bits of it). But....does Puni Puni Poemy fairly represent that series? Marshall trolled me into watching it with subtitles, but that's impossible. Seriously. Impossible.

    And going back to the question I brought that up for the podcast. Personally, for the last season watched Fate/Zero *season 2*, Haiyore! Nyaruko-san, Sakamichi no Apollon (I won't defend that one... I was disappointed in it as it progressed); For Fate/Zero I had crazy in love with but that's because I'm familiar with the VN so it had more impact. I admit I dropped Jormungand, Sankarea (why so much fanservice), Hyouka early so if you guys are bitter about those that's fine. (Apparently stuff like Eureka Seven Ao, Uchuu Kyoudai, Accel World, Tsuritama, and some other stuff were solid *according to others* but I didn't watch them).

    Anyway, personally I can't bring myself to watch anything this season other than Sword Art, Kokoro Connect, Muv-luv and Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita; I more or less dropped the latter 2 (I've ignored Muv-Luv since ep 3 and Jinrui really did nothing for me the last 2 eps. I think I'm waiting for more positive feedback on those). So I guess it's just a matter of taste. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, ep 3 of Muv-Luv is the worst episode of the series so far to be honest. As for Jinrui, it all comes down to the arcs. I didn't care much for these last two episodes either, hoping the next two are more my style.

      Delete
    2. To be fair, the director I was talking about only did the 1st season of Nanoha

      Delete